At Fit for Life Wellness & Rehabilitation Centre, Dr. Luciano Di Loreto & Associates provides treatment for sports related injuries. We focus on treating peripheral joints: knees, ankles, shoulders and will also see neck and back injuries. We provide care for all levels of athletes and commonly see individuals who play tennis, soccer, basketball, baseball, rowing and football.
We direct bill our patients each visit unless your insurance company does not allow for this – please contact your insurance company directly. Refer to our fee schedules for further information.
Sports therapy and rehabilitation is concerned with musculoskeletal conditions arising from sporting activity. It focuses on understanding and preventing sports injuries and dealing with the effects of physical and emotional trauma due to sports and exercise related injuries. In some cases we may recommend the athlete sees their own family G.P., our family doctor or a specialist. We can organize a referral through our medical clinic staff.
The practitioner may work at our facility or may work directly with a sports club
or sportsperson, either professional or amateur, or both.
- conducting an assessment of the players’, athletes’ or participants’ readiness and advising on exercises prior to an event or fixture
- testing joints for ease and range of movement
- strapping, taping, offering massage and preparing players, athletes or participants both physically and mentally
- providing emergency aid in a sport and exercise environment
- examining and assessing injuries and determining whether the athlete or participant can continue playing or taking part
- examining and assessing injuries and dealing with traumas, e.g. cuts, bruises and blisters
- treating injuries, alleviating pain, mobilizing injuries, giving various types of massage
- rehabilitating injuries by using manual therapy techniques, apparatus and electrotherapy
- designing and monitoring rehabilitation programs appropriate to the injury and/or sport and level
- deciding whether athletes, players or participants need extra treatments and coordinating referrals to other practitioners
- advising players or athletes on diet and nutrition
- working alone or with coaches, trainers and/or fitness advisers to implement exercise, conditioning, core stability and injury prevention programs, so that athletes, players or participants reach and maintain peak performance
- liaising with other health professionals in the sports sector and in mainstream medicine