YES, we Bill Direct!
We are enrolled to bill direct for the majority of Extended Health Insurance Companies (see below) along with Auto Insurance Companies and WSIB. Each company, dependent on each policy, may vary with direct billing eligibility. Please note that some companies do not permit or are unable to provide direct billing for insured members. When we bill direct, you are responsible to cover any deductibles or co-payment amount. Please note that these amounts are collected after service is rendered (after your visit).
What happens if you cannot direct bill my insurance policy?
No problem! You will pay for the treatment and we will provide you with all the appropriate receipts and/or documentation to submit your claim for reimbursement. The reimbursement amount(s) are based on your policy.
I do not have any insurance, now what?
Unfortunately, you will have to cover treatment costs.
Which insurance companies can we bill direct?
- All Auto Insurance Companies
- Canadian Armed Forces (CAF)
- Canada Life (Formerly Great West-Life)
- Chambers of Commerce of Group Insurance
- Desjardins Insurance
- Empire Life
- Equitable Life
- First Canadians
- Industrial Alliance
- Johnson Inc.
- Johnston Group Inc.
- LIUNA 183
- Manulife Financial
- Maximum Benefit
- Medic Construction
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
- Sun Life Financial
- Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC)
Don’t see your insurance company list, no worries! Give us a call and we can advise you if your company can be billed direct.
How do I find out if my extended health insurance covers my treatments?
If you have coverage for dental and vision care, you likely have coverage for physiotherapy & other extended health treatments. You can find out through:
- Your employer (often the Human Resources department)
- The employee benefits book provided by your employer
- Calling your insurance company directly
- Logging on to your insurance company’s website
Specifically, you will want to know:
- Is the service (chiropractic, physiotherapy, acupuncture, orthotics, registered massage therapy, nutritionist, naturopathic) covered?
- What is the dollar amount covered per year?
- What is the percentage of coverage per treatment?
- Where do I retrieve the claim form?
- Please note that our clinic does not bill your insurance company directly unless your are covered 100% and have assignable benefits.