- Continuing normal activities is important to recovery.
- Injured muscles can stiffen up and weaken if they are not used, which will only add to pain and delay your recovery.
- Returning to normal activity can also be assisted by active treatment and exercise. Physical exercise releases chemicals in the body that can help reduce pain in a natural way.
- Cervical collars or neck braces are not usually recommended, as they have shown little benefit.
- Avoid sitting in one position for too long.
- Stand up and stretch from time to time, whether you are watching TV or sitting at your computer.
- When you are at your workstation, sit so that the upper part of your arm rests close to your body and make sure your back and feet are well supported.
- If you are well enough to drive again, adjust the car seat so that your elbows and knees are loosely bent.
When to Rest
- Avoid contact sports or strenuous exercise for the first few weeks after your injury, to prevent further aggravation.
- Ask your health professional about alternate recreational, sports or fitness activities you can do while you heal.
- Make your sleeping area as comfortable as you can. Your pillow should be adjusted to support your neck at a comfortable height.
And remember: stay connected to family, friends and co-workers to avoid the blues, and focus on getting on with your life, rather than focusing on the injury.
What are Conservative Treatment options for Whiplash?
Our clinic offers the following treatment options for whiplash associated disorders due to car accidents and other traumatic injuries. Please note the list is not exhaustive of all treatment options that are beneficial.
Manual Chiropractic Adjustments
Soft Tissue/Trigger Point Therapy
Electrotherapy(IFC & Tens)
Lifestyle & Nutrition Support
Graston Technique Therapy
Strength & Conditioning
Personalized & Progressive Programs
We can help! Please contact us to book an appointment for your initial assessment. We will discuss treatment options for your case.
Shared by Dr. Luciano Di Loreto, HBSc., D.C. & Associates
Dr. Luciano Di Loreto graduated from the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College (2010) as a Doctor of Chiropractic and obtained a certificate in Medical Acupuncture at McMaster University (2010). At his practice located in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada, Dr. Luciano Di Loreto combines evidence-based chiropractic care with a multidisciplinary and collaborative approach to health care. He is an approachable, passionate, and diligent practitioner with a focus on delivering exceptional acute, preventative, rehabilitative and supportive care for a variety conditions relating to the muscle, nerve, and bone. During his spare time, Dr. Luciano Di Loreto takes pleasure in spending time with his family and friends. He enjoys fishing and playing sports.
Fit for Life Wellness & Rehabilitation Centre is a health clinic located in Vaughan, Ontario, just north of Major Mackenzie on Weston Road (Located in the Vellore Medical Centre & Walk In Clinic at 10395 Weston Road, Unit A., Woodbridge Ontario L4H 3T4). If you have questions for Dr. Luciano Di Loreto & Associates, please comment or email us and we will get right back to you promptly with information on your conditions/concerns.