What is Holistic Nutrition?
Holistic nutrition is the modern natural approach to developing a healthy balanced diet and lifestyle while taking into account the person as whole. The term holistic means, encompassing the whole of a thing, not just the part. Therefore, holistic medicine looks at the whole person for answers, not just the physical symptoms.
The doctor of the future will no longer treat the human frame with drugs, but rather cure and prevent disease with nutrition.
– Thomas Edison
A holistic approach to proper nutrition encourages education on basic nutrition to develop a holistic diet that incorporates natural and organic foods, natural supplements and food treatments that address nutritional deficiencies as well as chronic health conditions. Only natural, wholesome foods can produce the degree of health that brings peace of mind and enjoyment of life. The ideal diet ensures that the properties of natural nutrients are the foundation on which to build upon. The properties are best summed up in three words,
- Natural – as in unprocessed, unrefined foods, such as whole grains and legumes
- Alive – meaning that it still contains live enzymes such as fruits, vegetables and sprouts
- Good Quality – grown in soil rich in essential nutrients such as organically grown foods (pesticide free and grown without synthetic fertilizers)
Our Holistic Nutritionist can help you with:
- Digestive issues (IBS, constipation, ulcers, gastritis, etc.)
- Candida overgrowth
- Weight loss
- High cholesterol
- Skin conditions (acne, eczema, rashes, etc.)
- Fitness training plans
- And much more!
Visit us for a free 15-minute consultation and see how holistic nutrition can help you optimize your health!