How do I find out if my extended health insurance covers my treatments?
If you have coverage for dental and vision care, you likely have coverage for chiropractic & other extended health treatments. You can find out through:
- Your employer (often the Human Resources department)
- The employee benefits book provided by your employer
- Calling your insurance company directly
- Logging on to your insurance company’s website
Specifically, you will want to know:
- Is the service (chiropractic, physiotherapy, acupuncture, orthotics, registered massage therapy, nutritionist, naturopathic) covered?
- What is the dollar amount covered per year?
- What is the percentage of coverage per treatment?
- Where do I retrieve the claim form?
- Please note that our clinic does not bill your insurance company directly unless your are covered 100% and have assignable benefits.
Patients pay for their treatments and will be provided with receipts/documentation. As a patient, you can submit your receipt directly to your insurance company.
If you have any additional questions, please contact us.