Shoulder Tendonitis is the most common cause of shoulder pain (90%). There are three types of shoulder tendonitis causes: degenerative tendonitis, traumatic tendonitis and calcific tendonitis.
- Working with hands or above shoulder
- Usually occurs around or after 50 years of age
- PAIN is less during the day and more at night when it swells
- The tendon begins to thin after years of wear and tear – often with construction workers, electricians, plumbers and hair stylist.
- Chiropractic physical modalities and therapy will help.
- Seen more often in younger population (20-40 years of age)
- Any of the four rotator cuff muscles are involved
- Often caused with athletics playing volleyball, tennis and baseball
- Microtearing usually occurs to the tendon of the shoulder
- Pain on selective resisted ranges of motion
- Responds well to conservative therapy such as cryotherapy, rest, interferential current, ultrasound, progressive strengthening exercises
- Chiropractic, Physical Therapy and Massage Therapy can help!
- Debris consists of calcium salts in highly vascular area
- This can swell and bulge.
- Chiropractic techniques can help with relieving symptoms related to this form of tendonitis.