Our Screening Protocol
All patients, visitors and staff must answer NO to ALL the following questions to be allowed in the clinic:
1. Do you have a fever, new/worsening cough, or shortness of breath?
2. Do you have any of the following symptoms: sore throat, running nose/sneezing, nasal congestion, hoarse voice, decreased/loss sense of smell or taste, chills, headaches, unexplained fatigue/malaise, diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea/vomiting?
3. Have you or anyone in your household traveled outside Canada in last 14 days?
4. Have you been in contact with someone with COVID-19 or any flu/cold like symptoms?
5. Have you tested positive or have come in contact with someone who has a confirmed case?
6. Have you been tested for COVID-19 or are currently awaiting results?
If YES is answered to any of the above questions, you cannot come to the clinic and must stay home for 14 days. You/we must contact the appropriate medical authority to report your condition and wait for next steps (testing).
Practitioner & Patient Protocols
Preparation Before Your Appointment:
- Prior to booking, ALL patients will be actively screened with COVID-19 protocol questionnaire above. If they answer NO to all these questions, an appointment can be booked. If they answer, YES to any of the questions, they will be directed to the appropriate medical authority to assess their situation and wait for next steps (testing). We are obliged to report suspected or positive cases to public health.
- Please adhere to the instructions on the screening signage outside and within the office. For your safety, we have rearranged our office, removed soft materials (magazines/toys), minimized staffing, and have created a safe work flow for everyone to adhere to.
- A few practitioners may be present at the clinic at any given time. Only ONE support staff will be present and will sit behind a plexiglass barrier and wear appropriate PPE. Each practitioner will wear appropriate PPE based on the requirements set forth by their governing bodies.
- No walk-in patients will be accepted at this time (patients without an appointment).
- Appointments will be scheduled every 30 minutes for chiropractic and physiotherapy sessions. The patient interaction is to be a maximum of 25 minutes with 5 minutes allocated to sanitization procedures between patients.
- Prior to appointments, patients will wait outside the main door. The waiting area is NOT to be used.
- When the patient enters our clinic wearing PPE (mask), they will be asked to sanitize their hands and then complete the COVID-19 screening questionnaire. All patients will be screened appropriately on-site with COVID-19 questions each visit. If they answer NO to all questions, we will proceed with the session. If they answer, YES to any of the questions, they will be directed to test at a COVID-19 assessment site.
- Patients will be asked to wear a mask while in the clinic. Due to limited supplies, we ask you bring your own mask and gloves if possible. If not, we can supply a mask.
- Patients must come alone to appointments. If someone has accompanied them, that individual is NOT allowed in the clinic and must wait for them outside the clinic.
- After the appropriate screening, patients will be escorted to a treatment room. The treatment room door will be closed during the treatment session.
- Practitioners will wash their hands before, during and after sessions with warm water and soap.
- Practitioners will NOT shake hands with patients.
- Practitioners will wear a surgical mask at all times. If a practitioner wears gloves, the gloves will be discarded after each patient encounter.
- The practitioner and/or support staff will clean any/all surface area used with disinfected wipes or sprays. This includes any equipment, treatment tables, door handles and any other item used. Towels/sheets will be placed in the wash immediately after each patient.
- Beyond hand washing, practitioners may use hand sanitizer before, during, after treatments as necessary.
- Santization procedures will include a deep clean of all other areas of the clinic that are high traffic areas. This includes reception desk, front door, washrooms and other clinic areas. End of day deep clean over and above COVID-19 protocol of treatment area used throughout the shift.
- Practitioners are required to wear a set of clean clothes during their shift. They must change out of those clothes at the end of the shift for commute home and clothing worn during their shift is to be washed and not reused.
- Practitioners should not go anywhere after their shift besides to their homes. They are strongly encouraged to shower immediately once they get home.
- Post treatment sessions, when no other patient is in the hallway, patients will be directed out of the treatment room to the reception area where they can book the next appointment and provide payment.
- Touch-less payment will be enabled and payment terminals will be disinfected regularly.
- We will run our air exchange system daily which dispels stale air and brings fresh air into the clinic.
- The processes and procedures may change to reflect the current public health situation and directives.
- Practitioners are required to report any suspected / confirmed COVID-19 cases. Please continue to monitor yourself and report any symptoms you may experience. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Practitioners will also be self-assessing their own symptoms and will report any changes in their health.
Practitioner Return Dates:
The health and safety of our patients, staff and practitioners is the utmost importance for our clinic. Each practitioner will determine based on their respective regulatory bodies and own professional judgement, when he/she will return to practice. Furthermore, our clinic will be staggering over time the return to practice phase. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Originally Updated May 27th, 2020 (Will be Amended as Necessary)